Top Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Programs - 2023

A program that generally prepares individuals to cut, trim, and style scalp, facial, and body hair; apply cosmetic preparations; perform manicures and pedicures; massage the head and extremities; and prepare for practice as licensed cosmetologists in specialized or full-service salons. Includes instruction in hair cutting and styling, manicuring, pedicuring, facial treatments, shampooing, chemical applications, esthetics, shop management, sanitation and safety, customer service, and applicable professional and labor laws and regulations.

Of the 40,901 Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General degrees granted each year at the Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years level, 4% percent of whom are men and the other 96% percent are women. Did you know that Texas has more students being granted a degree in Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General than any other state? In fact, Texas granted 5,416 degrees last year! The average annual income for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General is $33,350.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:


Total Students
Total Males
Total Females

Degree Type

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree



See where Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General

Campbellsville University, Utah State University and Caribbean University-Bayamon are three schools well-known for Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General programs. In fact, there are 41 students at Campbellsville University pursuing a Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years in Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General Majors

The highest paying jobs for Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General majors include Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance, Skincare Specialists and Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists. However, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for certain positions. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General can prepare you for are Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists, Manicurists and Pedicurists and Skincare Specialists.

Top Paying Careers for Cosmetology/Cosmetologist, General

  1. Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance   (Median Wage: $134,750)
  2. Skincare Specialists   (Median Wage: $37,300)
  3. Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists   (Median Wage: $29,670)
  4. Manicurists and Pedicurists   (Median Wage: $29,210)