Top Legal Assistant/Paralegal Associates degree Programs - 2023

Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs prepare individuals to perform research, drafting, investigatory, record-keeping and related administrative functions under the supervision of an attorney or court. Includes instruction in legal research, drafting legal documents, appraising, pleading, courthouse procedures, and legal specializations.

Of the 5,183 Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees granted each year at the Associates degree level, 15% percent of whom are men and the other 85% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students graduating with a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 689 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal is $35,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
5,183
Total Males
770
Total Females
4,413

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree

    5,183

Race/Ethnicity

See where Legal Assistant/Paralegal is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

Roger Williams University, Liberty University and Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale are three schools well-known for Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs. In fact, there are 35 students at Roger Williams University pursuing a Associates degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal Majors

The highest paying jobs for Legal Assistant/Paralegal majors include Legal Support Workers, All Other, Paralegals and Legal Assistants and Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal can prepare you for are Paralegals and Legal Assistants, Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers and Legal Support Workers, All Other.

Top Paying Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

  1. Legal Support Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $59,790)
  2. Paralegals and Legal Assistants   (Median Wage: $56,230)
  3. Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers   (Median Wage: $47,310)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen