Top Graphic Design Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

Graphic Design programs prepare individuals to apply artistic and computer techniques to the interpretation of technical and commercial concepts. Includes instruction in computer-assisted art and design, printmaking, concepts sketching, technical drawing, color theory, imaging, studio technique, still and life modeling, multimedia applications, communication skills and commercial art business operations.

Of the 5,135 Graphic Design degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 32% percent of whom are men and the other 68% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students graduating with a degree in Graphic Design than any other state? In fact, California granted 490 degrees last year! The average annual income for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design is $41,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:


Total Students
Total Males
Total Females

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree



See where Graphic Design is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Graphic Design degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Graphic Design

Pratt Institute-Main, Maryland Institute College of Art and Art Center College of Design are three schools well-known for Graphic Design programs. In fact, there are 71 students at Pratt Institute-Main pursuing a Bachelors degree in Graphic Design. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Graphic Design Majors

The highest paying jobs for Graphic Design majors include Art Directors, Special Effects Artists and Animators and Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary. However, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for specific jobs. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Graphic Design can prepare you for are Graphic Designers, Art Directors and Special Effects Artists and Animators.

Top Paying Careers for Graphic Design

  1. Art Directors   (Median Wage: $100,890)
  2. Special Effects Artists and Animators   (Median Wage: $78,790)
  3. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  4. Artists and Related Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $61,580)
  5. Graphic Designers   (Median Wage: $50,710)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen