Top Mathematics, General Masters degree Programs - 2020

Of the 2,668 Mathematics, General degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 63% percent of whom are men and the other 37% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students graduating with a degree in Mathematics, General than any other state? In fact, California awarded 305 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Mathematics, General is $54,000.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
2,668
Total Males
1,679
Total Females
989

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    2,668

Race/Ethnicity

See where Mathematics, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Mathematics, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Mathematics, General

Massachusetts Institute of Technology, the University of Chicago and Washington University in St Louis are three schools well-known for Mathematics, General programs. In fact, there are 2 students at Massachusetts Institute of Technology pursuing a Masters degree in Mathematics, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Mathematics, General Majors

The highest paying jobs for Mathematics, General majors include Natural Sciences Managers, Mathematicians and Statisticians. However, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Mathematics, General can prepare you for are Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education, Statisticians and Natural Sciences Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Mathematics, General

  1. Natural Sciences Managers   (Median Wage: $129,100)
  2. Mathematicians   (Median Wage: $105,030)
  3. Statisticians   (Median Wage: $91,160)
  4. Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $73,690)
  5. Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education   (Median Wage: $61,660)
College Raptor loading bar gif.