Top English Language and Literature, General Associates degree Programs - 2023

A general program that focuses on the English language, including its history, structure and related communications skills; and the literature and culture of English-speaking peoples.

Of the 3,165 English Language and Literature, General degrees granted each year at the Associates degree level, 71% percent are awarded to women and the other 29% percent are men. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in English Language and Literature, General than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 2,184 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in English Language and Literature, General is $40,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
3,165
Total Males
926
Total Females
2,239

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree

    3,165

Race/Ethnicity

See where English Language and Literature, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of English Language and Literature, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for English Language and Literature, General

CUNY Medgar Evers College, Dean College and Central Methodist University-College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are three schools popular for English Language and Literature, General programs. In fact, around 4 CUNY Medgar Evers College students are pursuing a Associates degree in English Language and Literature, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen