Top Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Associates degree Programs - 2023

Dental Hygiene/Hygienist programs prepare individuals to clean teeth and apply preventive materials, provide oral health education and treatment counseling to patients, identify oral pathologies and injuries, and manage dental hygiene practices. Includes instruction in dental anatomy, microbiology, and pathology; dental hygiene theory and techniques; cleaning equipment operation and maintenance; dental materials; radiology; patient education and counseling; office management; supervised clinical training; and professional standards.

Of the 5,647 Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees granted each year at the Associates degree level, 5% percent of whom are men and the other 95% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 551 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is $65,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:


Total Students
Total Males
Total Females

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree



See where Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

Pennsylvania College of Technology, West Liberty University and the University of Bridgeport are three schools well-known for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist programs. In fact, around 33 Pennsylvania College of Technology students are pursuing a Associates degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen