Top Dance, General Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A general program that prepares individuals to express ideas, feelings, and/or inner visions through the performance of one or more of the dance disciplines, including but not limited to ballet, modern, jazz, ethnic, and folk dance, and that focuses on the study and analysis of dance as a cultural phenomenon. Includes instruction in technique, choreography, Laban notation, dance history and criticism, and dance production.

Of the 2,385 Dance, General degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 11% percent of whom are men and the other 89% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being granted a degree in Dance, General than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 288 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Dance, General is $38,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
2,385
Total Males
257
Total Females
2,128

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    2,385

Race/Ethnicity

See where Dance, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Dance, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Dance, General

The Juilliard School, Muhlenberg College and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts are three schools well-known for Dance, General programs. In fact, there are 21 students at The Juilliard School pursuing a Bachelors degree in Dance, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Dance, General Majors

The highest paying job for Dance, General majors is Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary. However, something else to think about is how much demand there is for specific jobs. A job that is in high need that a degree in Dance, General can prepare you for is Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Dance, General

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  2. Choreographers   (Median Wage: $42,700)

Most in Demand Careers for Dance, General

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Choreographers
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen