Top Agriculture, General Bachelors degree Programs - 2022

A program that focuses on the general principles and practice of agricultural research and production and that may prepare individuals to apply this knowledge to the solution of practical agricultural problems. Includes instruction in basic animal, plant, and soil science; animal husbandry and plant cultivation; soil conservation; and agricultural operations such as farming, ranching, and agricultural business.

Of the 1,987 Agriculture, General degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 46% percent of whom are men and the other 54% percent are women. Did you know that Illinois has more students graduating with a degree in Agriculture, General than any other state in the US? In fact, Illinois granted 285 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Agriculture, General is $40,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
1,987
Total Males
919
Total Females
1,068

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    1,987

Race/Ethnicity

See where Agriculture, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Agriculture, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Agriculture, General

Cornell University, The University of Tennessee-Martin and Illinois State University are three schools well-known for Agriculture, General programs. In fact, there are 77 students at Cornell University pursuing a Bachelors degree in Agriculture, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Agriculture, General Majors

The highest paying jobs for Agriculture, General majors include Economists, Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary and Forestry and Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary. But, another thing to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Agriculture, General can prepare you for are First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers, First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers and Graphic Designers.

Top Paying Careers for Agriculture, General

  1. Economists   (Median Wage: $108,350)
  2. Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $90,340)
  3. Forestry and Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $87,400)
  4. Microbiologists   (Median Wage: $84,400)
  5. Food Scientists and Technologists   (Median Wage: $73,450)
  6. Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians   (Median Wage: $66,440)
  7. Soil and Plant Scientists   (Median Wage: $66,120)
  8. Range Managers   (Median Wage: $64,020)
  9. Animal Scientists   (Median Wage: $63,490)
  10. First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers   (Median Wage: $58,450)
  11. Graphic Designers   (Median Wage: $53,380)
  12. Farm and Home Management Educators   (Median Wage: $51,550)
  13. First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers   (Median Wage: $51,010)
  14. Audio and Video Technicians   (Median Wage: $47,920)
  15. Agricultural Inspectors   (Median Wage: $46,700)
  16. First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers   (Median Wage: $41,580)
  17. Animal Breeders   (Median Wage: $40,770)
  18. Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation   (Median Wage: $36,630)
  19. Agricultural Equipment Operators   (Median Wage: $32,750)
  20. Animal Trainers   (Median Wage: $31,520)
  21. Animal Caretakers   (Median Wage: $26,080)
View more
College Raptor loading bar
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen