Top Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering programs prepare individuals to apply mathematical and scientific principles to the design, development and operational evaluation of systems for controlling contained living environments and for monitoring and controlling factors in the external natural environment, including pollution control, waste and hazardous material disposal, health and safety protection, conservation, life support, and requirements for protection of special materials and related work environments.

Of the 1,757 Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 46% percent of whom are men and the other 54% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students graduating with a degree in Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 225 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering is $51,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
1,757
Total Males
800
Total Females
957

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    1,757

Race/Ethnicity

See where Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering

Yale University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Cincinnati-Main Campus are three schools well-known for Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering programs. In fact, there are 6 students at Yale University pursuing a Bachelors degree in Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering Majors

The highest paying jobs for Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors. But, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering can prepare you for are Architectural and Engineering Managers, Environmental Engineers and Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors.

Top Paying Careers for Environmental/Environmental Health Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $152,350)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $104,940)
  3. Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors   (Median Wage: $99,040)
  4. Environmental Engineers   (Median Wage: $96,820)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen