Top Fine/Studio Arts, General Masters degree Programs - 2023

Fine/Studio Arts, General programs prepare individuals to generally function as creative artists in the visual and plastic media. Includes instruction in the traditional fine arts media (drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, CAD/CAM) and/or modern media (ceramics, textiles, intermedia, photography, digital images), theory of art, color theory, composition and perspective, anatomy, the techniques and procedures for maintaining equipment and managing a studio, and art portfolio marketing.

Of the 1,196 Fine/Studio Arts, General degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 65% percent are awarded to women and the other 35% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students being awarded a degree in Fine/Studio Arts, General than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 224 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Fine/Studio Arts, General is $36,700.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
1,196
Total Males
413
Total Females
783

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    1,196

Race/Ethnicity

See where Fine/Studio Arts, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Fine/Studio Arts, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Fine/Studio Arts, General

School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and the University of Florida are three schools popular for Fine/Studio Arts, General programs. In fact, around 99 School of the Art Institute of Chicago students are pursuing a Masters degree in Fine/Studio Arts, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Fine/Studio Arts, General Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for Fine/Studio Arts, General majors include Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Artists and Related Workers, All Other and Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators. However, something else to consider is how much demand there is for certain careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Fine/Studio Arts, General can prepare you for are Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators and Artists and Related Workers, All Other.

Top Paying Careers for Fine/Studio Arts, General

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  2. Artists and Related Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $61,580)
  3. Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators   (Median Wage: $60,820)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen