Top Materials Engineering Doctors degree research scholarship Programs - 2022

Materials Engineering programs prepare individuals to apply mathematical and materials science principles to the design, development and operational evaluation of materials and related processes used in manufacturing in a wide variety of settings; the synthesis of new industrial materials, including marrying and bonding composites; analysis of materials requirements and specifications; and related problems of system design dependent on materials factors.

Of the 638 Materials Engineering degrees granted each year at the Doctors degree research scholarship level, 74% percent of whom are men and the other 26% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Materials Engineering than any other state? In fact, California awarded 84 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Materials Engineering is $64,763.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
638
Total Males
469
Total Females
169

Degree Type

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    638

Race/Ethnicity

See where Materials Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Materials Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Materials Engineering

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign are three schools well-known for Materials Engineering programs. In fact, around 34 Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus students are pursuing a Doctors degree research scholarship in Materials Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Materials Engineering Majors

The highest paying careers for Materials Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Materials Engineers. However, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Materials Engineering can prepare you for are Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary, Architectural and Engineering Managers and Materials Engineers.

Top Paying Careers for Materials Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $149,530)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $103,600)
  3. Materials Engineers   (Median Wage: $95,640)
College Raptor loading bar
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen