After our analysis of the alma maters of the U.S. Senate, we decided to tackle the House of Representatives.
Being a more difficult task to map out individual state representatives, we looked at trends and analysis, highlighting which institutions were represented most.
- Harvard checks in at number 1 on the list, with 10 alumni
- University of Michigan is the number 1 public, with 8 alumni
- Of the top 11 colleges represented in the House, just 4 are privates, 7 are publics
- 24 members of the House hold no bachelor’s degree — 17 Republicans and 7 Democrats
- Nearly 30 percent of House members graduated from a top-100 institution
Note: This analysis includes Bachelor’s degrees only.
Check out the full infographic: