Top Public Health Education and Promotion Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the application of educational and communications principles and methods to the promotion of preventive health measures and the education of targeted populations on health issues, and prepares individuals to function as public health educators and health promotion specialists. Includes instruction in human development, health issues across the life span, population-specific health issues, principles and methods of public health education, administration of health education campaigns and programs, evaluation methods, public communications, and applications to specific public health subjects and issues.

Of the 3,088 Public Health Education and Promotion degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 83% percent are awarded to women and the other 17% percent are men. Did you know that North Carolina has more students being granted a degree in Public Health Education and Promotion than any other state? In fact, North Carolina granted 575 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Public Health Education and Promotion is $38,300.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
3,088
Total Males
514
Total Females
2,574

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    3,088

Race/Ethnicity

See where Public Health Education and Promotion is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Public Health Education and Promotion degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Public Health Education and Promotion

Baylor University, Brigham Young University-Idaho and Saginaw Valley State University are three schools popular for Public Health Education and Promotion programs. In fact, there are 46 students at Baylor University pursuing a Bachelors degree in Public Health Education and Promotion. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Public Health Education and Promotion Majors

Some of the highest paying careers for Public Health Education and Promotion majors include Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary, Health Education Specialists and Community Health Workers. However, another thing to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Public Health Education and Promotion can prepare you for are Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary, Community Health Workers and Health Education Specialists.

Top Paying Careers for Public Health Education and Promotion

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $102,720)
  2. Health Education Specialists   (Median Wage: $60,600)
  3. Community Health Workers   (Median Wage: $46,590)

Most in Demand Careers for Public Health Education and Promotion

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Community Health Workers
  3. Health Education Specialists
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen