Top Industrial Engineering Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

Industrial Engineering programs prepare individuals to apply scientific and mathematical principles to the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, material, information, and energy. Includes instruction in applied mathematics, physical sciences, the social sciences, engineering analysis, systems design, computer applications, and forecasting and evaluation methodology.

Of the 5,859 Industrial Engineering degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 65% percent of whom are men and the other 35% percent are women. Did you know that Texas has more students graduating with a degree in Industrial Engineering than any other state? In fact, Texas awarded 502 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering is $61,467.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
5,859
Total Males
3,826
Total Females
2,033

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    5,859

Race/Ethnicity

See where Industrial Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Industrial Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Industrial Engineering

Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus, Clemson University and Purdue University-Main Campus are three schools well-known for Industrial Engineering programs. In fact, there are 338 students at Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus pursuing a Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Industrial Engineering Majors

The highest paying jobs for Industrial Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Industrial Production Managers. However, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Industrial Engineering can prepare you for are Industrial Engineers, Architectural and Engineering Managers and Industrial Production Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Industrial Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $152,350)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $104,940)
  3. Industrial Production Managers   (Median Wage: $103,150)
  4. Industrial Engineers   (Median Wage: $95,300)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen