Top Design and Visual Communications, General Masters degree Programs - 2023

A program in the applied visual arts that focuses on the general principles and techniques for effectively communicating ideas and information, and packaging products, in digital and other formats to business and consumer audiences, and that may prepare individuals in any of the applied art media.

Of the 481 Design and Visual Communications, General degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 29% percent of whom are men and the other 71% percent are women. Did you know that New York has more students graduating with a degree in Design and Visual Communications, General than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 103 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Design and Visual Communications, General is $45,300.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
481
Total Males
140
Total Females
341

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    481

Race/Ethnicity

See where Design and Visual Communications, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Design and Visual Communications, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Design and Visual Communications, General

Pratt Institute-Main, California College of the Arts and Furman University are three schools well-known for Design and Visual Communications, General programs. In fact, there are 100 students at Pratt Institute-Main pursuing a Masters degree in Design and Visual Communications, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Design and Visual Communications, General Majors

The highest paying jobs for Design and Visual Communications, General majors include Commercial and Industrial Designers, Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary and Designers, All Other. However, something else to consider is how much demand there is for certain careers. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Design and Visual Communications, General can prepare you for are Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Graphic Designers and Commercial and Industrial Designers.

Top Paying Careers for Design and Visual Communications, General

  1. Commercial and Industrial Designers   (Median Wage: $77,030)
  2. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  3. Designers, All Other   (Median Wage: $62,310)
  4. Set and Exhibit Designers   (Median Wage: $54,860)
  5. Graphic Designers   (Median Wage: $50,710)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen