Top Dance, General Masters degree Programs - 2023

A general program that prepares individuals to express ideas, feelings, and/or inner visions through the performance of one or more of the dance disciplines, including but not limited to ballet, modern, jazz, ethnic, and folk dance, and that focuses on the study and analysis of dance as a cultural phenomenon. Includes instruction in technique, choreography, Laban notation, dance history and criticism, and dance production.

Of the 243 Dance, General degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 21% percent of whom are men and the other 79% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being granted a degree in Dance, General than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 56 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Dance, General is $38,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
243
Total Males
51
Total Females
192

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    243

Race/Ethnicity

See where Dance, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Dance, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Dance, General

The University of the Arts, Hollins University and Mills College are three schools well-known for Dance, General programs. In fact, there are 13 students at The University of the Arts pursuing a Masters degree in Dance, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Dance, General Majors

The highest paying career for Dance, General majors is Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary. But, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. A position that is in high need that a degree in Dance, General can prepare you for is Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Dance, General

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)

Most in Demand Careers for Dance, General

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen