Top Culinary Science/Culinology Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the blending of food science and the culinary arts and that prepares individuals to work as research chefs and related research and development positions in the food industry. Includes instruction in culinary arts, food chemistry, food safety and quality, food processing, nutrition, and business management.

Of the 94 Culinary Science/Culinology degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 43% percent of whom are men and the other 57% percent are women. Did you know that New York has more students graduating with a degree in Culinary Science/Culinology than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 53 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Culinary Science/Culinology is $33,600.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
94
Total Males
40
Total Females
54

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    94

Race/Ethnicity

See where Culinary Science/Culinology is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Culinary Science/Culinology degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Culinary Science/Culinology

Johnson & Wales University-Providence, Drexel University and Texas Woman's University are three schools well-known for Culinary Science/Culinology programs. In fact, there are 12 students at Johnson & Wales University-Providence pursuing a Bachelors degree in Culinary Science/Culinology. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for Culinary Science/Culinology Majors

The highest paying job for Culinary Science/Culinology majors is Food Scientists and Technologists. However, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for certain jobs. A position that is in high need that a degree in Culinary Science/Culinology can prepare you for is Food Service Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Culinary Science/Culinology

  1. Food Scientists and Technologists   (Median Wage: $78,340)
  2. Postsecondary Teachers, All Other   (Median Wage: $78,160)
  3. Food Service Managers   (Median Wage: $59,440)
  4. Chefs and Head Cooks   (Median Wage: $50,160)
  5. Cooks, All Other   (Median Wage: $30,720)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen