Top Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder Associates degree Programs - 2023

Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder programs prepare individuals to perform specialized data entry, classification, and record-keeping procedures related to medical diagnostic, treatment, billing, and insurance documentation. Includes instruction in medical records and insurance software applications, basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, fundamentals of medical science and treatment procedures, data classification and coding, data entry skills, and regulations relating to Medicare and insurance documentation.

Of the 1,533 Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder degrees granted each year at the Associates degree level, 6% percent of whom are men and the other 94% percent are women. Did you know that Florida has more students being granted a degree in Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder than any other state in the US? In fact, Florida granted 400 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder is $37,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
1,533
Total Males
85
Total Females
1,448

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree

    1,533

Race/Ethnicity

See where Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder

Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale, Bryant & Stratton College-Online and Grantham University are three schools well-known for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder programs. In fact, around 380 Keiser University-Ft Lauderdale students are pursuing a Associates degree in Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder Majors

The highest paying job for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder majors is Medical Assistants. But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. A job that is in high need that a degree in Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder can prepare you for is Medical Assistants.

Top Paying Careers for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder

  1. Medical Assistants   (Median Wage: $37,190)

Most in Demand Careers for Medical Insurance Coding Specialist/Coder

  1. Medical Assistants
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen