Top Geographic Information Science and Cartography Masters degree Programs - 2022

A program that focuses on the systematic study of map-making and the application of mathematical, computer, and other techniques to the analysis of large amounts of geographic data and the science of mapping geographic information. Includes instruction in cartographic theory and map projections, computer-assisted cartography, geographic information systems, map design and layout, photogrammetry, air photo interpretation, remote sensing, spatial analysis, geodesy, cartographic editing, and applications to specific industrial, commercial, research, and governmental mapping problems.

Of the 704 Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 44% percent are awarded to women and the other 56% percent are men. Did you know that California has more students being granted a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 91 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography is $43,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
704
Total Males
394
Total Females
310

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    704

Race/Ethnicity

See where Geographic Information Science and Cartography is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

The University of Maryland-College Park, Binghamton University and the University of Utah are three schools popular for Geographic Information Science and Cartography programs. In fact, around 53 the University of Maryland-College Park students are pursuing a Masters degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for Geographic Information Science and Cartography majors include Geography Teachers, Postsecondary, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists . But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for certain jobs. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography can prepare you for are Geography Teachers, Postsecondary, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists .

Top Paying Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $82,330)
  2. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists   (Median Wage: $68,380)

Most in Demand Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen