As you narrow down your college list, it can get tricky to pick one college over another. When you get down to the wire and May 1st is looming, it’s time to really compare and contrast your choices.
Here are some questions that can help you out:
- Which has a better program for my major / career interests?
- Which is offering more in financial aid?
- Which has more work study / part time job / internship opportunities?
- Which is located in a region I’d prefer? (Near a city, rural, close to home)
- What sort of career and student support does each college provide?
- What do the living situations look like?
- What’s the nearby community like?
- Do I need a car on campus?
- What sort of student facilities are available?
- What do current students and alumni say about their school?
- What kind of student orgs are on campus? Any I’m interested in?
- Which has the better graduation rate? First-year retention rate?
- What do I like about each school?
- What do I dislike about each?
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but one to get you started and help brainstorm your own. Each student has different factors that matter more to them in a school, draw up your list get to comparing!
Use College Raptor to discover personalized college matches, cost estimates, acceptance odds, and potential financial aid for schools around the US—for FREE!