As you narrow down your college list, it can get tricky to pick one college over another. When you get down to the wire and May 1st is looming, it’s time to really compare colleges.
Here are some questions to compare colleges:
- Which has a better program for my major / career interests?
- Which is offering more financial aid?
- Which has more work-study / part-time job / internship opportunities?
- Which is located in a region I’d prefer? (Near a city, rural, close to home)
- What sort of career and student support does each college provide?
- What do living situations look like?
- What’s the nearby community like?
- Do I need a car on campus?
- What sort of student facilities are available?
- What do current students and alumni say about their school?
- What kind of student organizations are on campus? Any I’m interested in?
- Which has a better graduation rate? First-year retention rate?
- What do I like about each school?
- What do I dislike about each?
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but one to get you started and help brainstorm your own. Each student has different factors that matter more to them in a school, draw up your list get to comparing!
Use College Raptor to discover personalized college matches, cost estimates, acceptance odds, and potential financial aid for schools around the US—for FREE!