Top Legal Assistant/Paralegal Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs prepare individuals to perform research, drafting, investigatory, record-keeping and related administrative functions under the supervision of an attorney or court. Includes instruction in legal research, drafting legal documents, appraising, pleading, courthouse procedures, and legal specializations.

Of the 933 Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 20% percent of whom are men and the other 80% percent are women. Did you know that Florida has more students graduating with a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal than any other state in the US? In fact, Florida granted 139 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal is $35,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
933
Total Males
186
Total Females
747

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    933

Race/Ethnicity

See where Legal Assistant/Paralegal is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

SUNY College of Technology at Canton, CUNY New York City College of Technology and Stevenson University are three schools well-known for Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs. In fact, there are 24 students at SUNY College of Technology at Canton pursuing a Bachelors degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal Majors

The highest paying jobs for Legal Assistant/Paralegal majors include Legal Support Workers, All Other, Paralegals and Legal Assistants and Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal can prepare you for are Paralegals and Legal Assistants, Legal Support Workers, All Other and Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers.

Top Paying Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

  1. Legal Support Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $59,790)
  2. Paralegals and Legal Assistants   (Median Wage: $56,230)
  3. Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers   (Median Wage: $47,310)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen