When you just move in to your new dorm, those first few conversations with your roommate can be tough. Starting right off with asking super personal questions is probably not a good idea. Not everyone likes to discuss their personal life or family with someone they barely know. The secret to crossing over from stranger to friend without coming across as prying is to start off with a few icebreakers for college students.
New Roommate Icebreaker Questions:
- What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What is your favorite TV show of all time and why?
- Which movie character do you relate to most and why?
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be?
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
- Which movie character do you think would be your ideal roommate? Which would be your worst nightmare to have as a roommate?
- What is your most cherished childhood memory?
- What is the funniest thing that’s ever happened to you?
- Where is the coolest place you’ve visited?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could meet one celebrity, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
- What activities did you participate in during high school?
- Favorite song? Singer? Band?
- Do you have any pets?
- Any siblings?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- What unique / weird talents do you have?
Not only will these icebreakers for college students help break down that barrier between you and your roommate but they will also give you an insight into your roommate’s personality.
Use College Raptor to discover personalized college matches, cost estimates, acceptance odds, and potential financial aid for schools around the US—for FREE!