Fine and Studio Arts Management programs prepare individuals to organize and manage fine and studio art organizations, operations, and facilities. Includes instruction in business and financial management; marketing and fundraising; personnel management and labor relations; event promotion and management; public relations and arts advocacy; arts law; and applications to specific arts activities such as galleries, museums, studios, foundations, and community organizations.
Of the 449 Fine and Studio Arts Management degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 81% percent are awarded to women and the other 19% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students being awarded a degree in Fine and Studio Arts Management than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 117 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Fine and Studio Arts Management is $39,600.
Pratt Institute-Main, Savannah College of Art and Design and School of the Art Institute of Chicago are three schools popular for Fine and Studio Arts Management programs. In fact, around 50 Pratt Institute-Main students are pursuing a Masters degree in Fine and Studio Arts Management. Take a look at the college options in the table below.
Some of the highest paying jobs for Fine and Studio Arts Management majors include Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers Athletes, Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary . However, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Fine and Studio Arts Management can prepare you for are Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers Athletes .