Top Voice and Opera Masters degree Programs - 2023

Voice and Opera programs prepare individuals to master the human voice and performing art as solo and/or ensemble performers in concert, choir, opera, or other forms of singing. Includes instruction in voice pedagogy, diction, vocal physiology and exercise, expressive movement, repertoire, recital, and personal style development.

Of the 246 Voice and Opera degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 35% percent of whom are men and the other 65% percent are women. Did you know that New York has more students being awarded a degree in Voice and Opera than any other state in the US? In fact, New York awarded 90 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Voice and Opera is $38,300.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
246
Total Males
86
Total Females
160

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    246

Race/Ethnicity

See where Voice and Opera is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Voice and Opera degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Voice and Opera

San Francisco Conservatory of Music, Manhattan School of Music and The New England Conservatory of Music are three schools well-known for Voice and Opera programs. In fact, around 14 San Francisco Conservatory of Music students are pursuing a Masters degree in Voice and Opera. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Voice and Opera Majors

The highest paying careers for Voice and Opera majors include Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Music Directors and Composers and Musicians and Singers. But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Voice and Opera can prepare you for are Musicians and Singers, Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary and Music Directors and Composers.

Top Paying Careers for Voice and Opera

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  2. Music Directors and Composers   (Median Wage: $49,130)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen