Top Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the history, sociology, politics, culture, and economics of one or more of the Hispanic American immigrant populations within the U.S. and Canada, including Mexican-American Studies, Cuban American Studies, Puerto Rican Studies, and others.

Of the 500 Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 27% percent of whom are men and the other 73% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 420 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies is $42,750.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
500
Total Males
137
Total Females
363

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    500

Race/Ethnicity

See where Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies

Pomona College, the University of California-Los Angeles and Wheaton College (Massachusetts) are three schools well-known for Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies programs. In fact, around 6 Pomona College students are pursuing a Bachelors degree in Hispanic-American, Puerto Rican, and Mexican-American/Chicano Studies. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen