Top Sociology and Anthropology Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that combines sociology and anthropology to study how society is organized, the origins and development of social institutions, social change, social organizations, race, class, gender and culture.

Of the 481 Sociology and Anthropology degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 78% percent are awarded to women and the other 22% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students being awarded a degree in Sociology and Anthropology than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 108 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Sociology and Anthropology is $44,181.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:


Total Students
Total Males
Total Females

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree



See where Sociology and Anthropology is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Sociology and Anthropology degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Sociology and Anthropology

Carleton College, Centre College and Lewis & Clark College are three schools popular for Sociology and Anthropology programs. In fact, around 18 Carleton College students are pursuing a Bachelors degree in Sociology and Anthropology. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Sociology and Anthropology Majors

The highest paying career for Sociology and Anthropology majors is Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary. But, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for specific jobs. A career that is in high need that a degree in Sociology and Anthropology can prepare you for is Anthropologists and Archeologists.

Top Paying Careers for Sociology and Anthropology

  1. Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $97,340)
  2. Sociologists   (Median Wage: $92,910)
  3. Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $77,980)
  4. Anthropologists and Archeologists   (Median Wage: $61,910)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen