Top Geographic Information Science and Cartography Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the systematic study of map-making and the application of mathematical, computer, and other techniques to the analysis of large amounts of geographic data and the science of mapping geographic information. Includes instruction in cartographic theory and map projections, computer-assisted cartography, geographic information systems, map design and layout, photogrammetry, air photo interpretation, remote sensing, spatial analysis, geodesy, cartographic editing, and applications to specific industrial, commercial, research, and governmental mapping problems.

Of the 686 Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 25% percent are awarded to women and the other 75% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students being granted a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography than any other state in the US? In fact, New York granted 92 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography is $43,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
686
Total Males
514
Total Females
172

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    686

Race/Ethnicity

See where Geographic Information Science and Cartography is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

United States Military Academy, the University of Maryland-College Park and the University of California-Santa Barbara are three schools popular for Geographic Information Science and Cartography programs. In fact, around 32 United States Military Academy students are pursuing a Bachelors degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for Geographic Information Science and Cartography majors include Geography Teachers, Postsecondary, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists . But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for certain jobs. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography can prepare you for are Cartographers and Photogrammetrists, Geography Teachers, Postsecondary .

Top Paying Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $81,440)
  2. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists   (Median Wage: $68,900)

Most in Demand Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
  2. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen