Top Neurobiology and Anatomy Bachelors degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the scientific study of the structure and function of the central and peripheral nervous system in vertebrates and invertebrates. Includes instruction in molecular and cellular studies of neuronal and glial cells and circuits, neural transmitters and receptors, neuronal signaling processes, membrane and synapse structure and communication, autonomic function, nervous system circuitry and mapping, and anatomical and functional basis of central nervous system diseases and disorders.

Of the 889 Neurobiology and Anatomy degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 65% percent are awarded to women and the other 35% percent are men. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Neurobiology and Anatomy than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 727 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Neurobiology and Anatomy is $42,090.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:


Total Students
Total Males
Total Females

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree



See where Neurobiology and Anatomy is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Neurobiology and Anatomy degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Neurobiology and Anatomy

The University of California-Davis, the University of California-San Diego and Harvard University are three schools popular for Neurobiology and Anatomy programs. In fact, around 518 the University of California-Davis students are pursuing a Bachelors degree in Neurobiology and Anatomy. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for Neurobiology and Anatomy Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for Neurobiology and Anatomy majors include Natural Sciences Managers, Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists and Biological Scientists, All Other. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific jobs. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Neurobiology and Anatomy can prepare you for are Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists, Biological Scientists, All Other and Natural Sciences Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Neurobiology and Anatomy

  1. Natural Sciences Managers   (Median Wage: $137,900)
  2. Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists   (Median Wage: $95,310)
  3. Biological Scientists, All Other   (Median Wage: $82,530)
  4. Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $81,440)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen