If you are headed off to college this fall, you should be spending time looking for scholarships and applying to those that you qualify for. If you haven’t started your search yet, it’s time you did. Winning scholarships is the best way to get some free money towards college.
The Ideal Scholarship Application
While every scholarship opportunity will have its own unique qualifying criteria and application requirements, all sponsors look for the same things in the applications they receive.
These are some of the things scholarship sponsors look for in all applications:
- Does the applicant meet the eligibility requirements?
- Has the applicant provided all the information that is asked for?
- Does the applicant’s scholarship essay answer the question asked?
- Does the essay create a strong impression?
- Does the essay meet the word count and other specifications?
- Has the applicant taken the trouble to submit a neat application?
- Is the application complete in all respects?
- Are all supporting documents submitted with the application?
- Was the application received within the deadline?
Your scholarship application will be assessed by the sponsor only if it meets all of the above requirements so make sure you give your application a once over before you submit it.
And when scholarships aren’t enough, you’ll need to find a good student loan. Use College Raptor’s free Student Loan Finder to compare lenders and interest rates side by side!