Top Photography Masters degree Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the principles and techniques of communicating information, ideas, moods, and feelings through the creation of images on photographic film, plates, and digital images and that may prepare individuals to be professional photographic artists. Includes instruction in camera and equipment operation and maintenance, film and plate developing, light and composition, films and printing media, color and special effects, photographic art, photographic history, use of computer applications to record or enhance images and applications to the photography of various subjects.

Of the 217 Photography degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 40% percent of whom are men and the other 60% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being granted a degree in Photography than any other state? In fact, California granted 67 degrees last year! The average annual income for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Photography is $38,000.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
217
Total Males
86
Total Females
131

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    217

Race/Ethnicity

See where Photography is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Photography degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Photography

School of Visual Arts, California Institute of the Arts and Maryland Institute College of Art are three schools well-known for Photography programs. In fact, around 35 School of Visual Arts students are pursuing a Masters degree in Photography. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Photography Majors

The highest paying careers for Photography majors include Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Photographers . However, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for certain jobs. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Photography can prepare you for are Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Photographers .

Top Paying Careers for Photography

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  2. Photographers   (Median Wage: $38,950)

Most in Demand Careers for Photography

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Photographers
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen