Top Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology Masters degree Programs - 2023

Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology programs prepare individuals to apply artistic, technical and dramatic principles and techniques to the communication of dramatic information, ideas, moods, and feelings through technical theatre methods. Includes instruction in set design, lighting design, sound effects, theatre acoustics, scene painting, property management, costume design, and technical direction and production and use of computer applications to support these functions.

Of the 162 Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 70% percent are awarded to women and the other 30% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students graduating with a degree in Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 27 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology is $37,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
162
Total Males
49
Total Females
113

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    162

Race/Ethnicity

See where Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology

Yale University, Savannah College of Art and Design and the University of North Carolina School of the Arts are three schools popular for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology programs. In fact, there are 8 students at Yale University pursuing a Masters degree in Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology Majors

Some of the highest paying careers for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology majors include Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Set and Exhibit Designers . However, something else to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology can prepare you for are Art, Drama Music Teachers, Postsecondary, Set and Exhibit Designers .

Top Paying Careers for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,940)
  2. Set and Exhibit Designers   (Median Wage: $54,860)

Most in Demand Careers for Technical Theatre/Theatre Design and Technology

  1. Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Set and Exhibit Designers
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen