Top Geographic Information Science and Cartography Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Programs - 2023

A program that focuses on the systematic study of map-making and the application of mathematical, computer, and other techniques to the analysis of large amounts of geographic data and the science of mapping geographic information. Includes instruction in cartographic theory and map projections, computer-assisted cartography, geographic information systems, map design and layout, photogrammetry, air photo interpretation, remote sensing, spatial analysis, geodesy, cartographic editing, and applications to specific industrial, commercial, research, and governmental mapping problems.

Of the 22 Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees granted each year at the Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years level, 36% percent are awarded to women and the other 64% percent are men. Did you know that Montana has more students being granted a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography than any other state in the US? In fact, Montana granted 22 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography is $43,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
22
Total Males
14
Total Females
8

Degree Type

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    22

Race/Ethnicity

How popular is an Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years in Geographic Information Science and Cartography in MT

Less Popular
More Popular
22 degrees awarded
Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years in Geographic Information Science and Cartography makes up 6.29% of all Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years awarded in Montana

Top Colleges for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

If you want to major in Geographic Information Science and Cartography, then you should think about attending The University of Montana! This institution grants approximately 22 degrees at the Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years level in Geographic Information Science and Cartography every year.

Sort By:

Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography Majors

The highest paying job for Geographic Information Science and Cartography majors is Cartographers and Photogrammetrists. But, another thing to think about is how many job openings there currently is. A job that is in high need that a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography can prepare you for is Cartographers and Photogrammetrists.

Top Paying Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists   (Median Wage: $60,110)

Most in Demand Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen