Top Metallurgical Engineering Doctors degree research scholarship Programs - 2022

Metallurgical Engineering programs prepare individuals to apply mathematical and metallurgical principles to the design, development and operational evaluation of metal components of structural, load-bearing, power, transmission, and moving systems; and the analysis of engineering problems such as stress, creep, failure, alloy behavior, environmental fluctuations, stability, electromagnetic and thermodynamic characteristics, optimal manufacturing processes, and related design considerations.

Of the 18 Metallurgical Engineering degrees granted each year at the Doctors degree research scholarship level, 78% percent of whom are men and the other 22% percent are women. Did you know that Colorado has more students graduating with a degree in Metallurgical Engineering than any other state? In fact, Colorado granted 10 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering is $64,763.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
18
Total Males
14
Total Females
4

Degree Type

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    18

Race/Ethnicity

See where Metallurgical Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Metallurgical Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Metallurgical Engineering

Colorado School of Mines, the University of Utah and Missouri University of Science and Technology are three schools well-known for Metallurgical Engineering programs. In fact, there are 10 students at Colorado School of Mines pursuing a Doctors degree research scholarship in Metallurgical Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for Metallurgical Engineering Majors

The highest paying jobs for Metallurgical Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Materials Engineers. However, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Metallurgical Engineering can prepare you for are Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary, Architectural and Engineering Managers and Materials Engineers.

Top Paying Careers for Metallurgical Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $149,530)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $103,600)
  3. Materials Engineers   (Median Wage: $95,640)
College Raptor loading bar
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen