Top Materials Engineering All Programs - 2020

Of the 3,551 Materials Engineering degrees granted each year, 71% percent of whom are men and the other 29% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Materials Engineering than any other state? In fact, California awarded 545 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Materials Engineering is $64,763.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
3,551
Total Males
2,532
Total Females
1,019

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    1,522

  • Total Masters degree

    1,162

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    708

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    120

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    24

  • Total Associates degree

    9

  • Total Post masters certificate

    5

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    1

Race/Ethnicity

See where Materials Engineering is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Materials Engineering degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Materials Engineering

Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus are three schools well-known for Materials Engineering programs. In fact, around 96 Stanford University students are pursuing degrees in Materials Engineering. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Materials Engineering Majors

The highest paying careers for Materials Engineering majors include Architectural and Engineering Managers, Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary and Materials Engineers. However, something else to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Materials Engineering can prepare you for are Cost Estimators, Architectural and Engineering Managers and Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Materials Engineering

  1. Architectural and Engineering Managers   (Median Wage: $140,760)
  2. Engineering Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $101,720)
  3. Materials Engineers   (Median Wage: $92,390)
  4. Cost Estimators   (Median Wage: $64,040)
College Raptor loading bar gif.