Top Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Masters degree Programs - 2023

Dental Hygiene/Hygienist programs prepare individuals to clean teeth and apply preventive materials, provide oral health education and treatment counseling to patients, identify oral pathologies and injuries, and manage dental hygiene practices. Includes instruction in dental anatomy, microbiology, and pathology; dental hygiene theory and techniques; cleaning equipment operation and maintenance; dental materials; radiology; patient education and counseling; office management; supervised clinical training; and professional standards.

Of the 114 Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 7% percent of whom are men and the other 93% percent are women. Did you know that Virginia has more students being awarded a degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist than any other state in the US? In fact, Virginia granted 36 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is $65,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
114
Total Males
8
Total Females
106

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    114

Race/Ethnicity

See where Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

MCPHS University, Old Dominion University and the University of Bridgeport are three schools well-known for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist programs. In fact, around 20 MCPHS University students are pursuing a Masters degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Majors

The highest paying career for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist majors is Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary. But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. A career that is in high need that a degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist can prepare you for is Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $102,720)

Most in Demand Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen