Top American Government and Politics (United States) Masters degree Programs - 2022

A program that focuses on the systematic study of United States political institutions and behavior. Includes instruction in American political theory, political parties and interest groups, state and local governments, Constitutional law, federalism and national institutions, executive and legislative politics, judicial politics, popular attitudes and media influences, political research methods, and applications to the study of specific issues and institutions.

Of the 179 American Government and Politics (United States) degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 55% percent of whom are men and the other 45% percent are women. Did you know that District of Columbia has more students being awarded a degree in American Government and Politics (United States) than any other state in the US? In fact, District of Columbia awarded 171 degrees last year! The average annual income for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in American Government and Politics (United States) is $44,500.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
179
Total Males
99
Total Females
80

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    179

Race/Ethnicity

See where American Government and Politics (United States) is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of American Government and Politics (United States) degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for American Government and Politics (United States)

George Washington University, Georgetown University and Fordham University are three schools well-known for American Government and Politics (United States) programs. In fact, around 161 George Washington University students are pursuing a Masters degree in American Government and Politics (United States). Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for American Government and Politics (United States) Majors

The highest paying careers for American Government and Politics (United States) majors include Political Scientists, Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary . But, something else to think about is how much demand there is for certain careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in American Government and Politics (United States) can prepare you for are Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary, Political Scientists .

Top Paying Careers for American Government and Politics (United States)

  1. Political Scientists   (Median Wage: $125,350)
  2. Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $85,760)

Most in Demand Careers for American Government and Politics (United States)

  1. Political Science Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Political Scientists
College Raptor loading bar
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen