Select Type of Degree:
*The estimated net prices above are College Raptor’s estimate. Please contact the college financial aid office for actual net cost figures.
A program that focuses on human and media communication in the political process and that prepares individuals to function as members of political and public affairs organizations, political campaign staffs, and related government and media entities. Includes instruction in media effects, political speaking and debating, political advertising and marketing, image management, political journalism, opinion polling, and aspects of print and broadcast media related to the production and distribution of media messages in political settings.
Of the 56 Political Communication degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 36% percent of whom are men and the other 64% percent are women. Did you know that District of Columbia has more students being granted a degree in Political Communication than any other state? In fact, District of Columbia granted 55 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Political Communication is $41,400.
The highest paying careers for Political Communication majors include Communications Teachers, Postsecondary, Public Relations Specialists and Fundraisers. However, another thing to consider is how many job openings there currently is. Jobs that are in high need that a degree in Political Communication can prepare you for are Public Relations Specialists, Fundraisers and News Analysts, Reporters, and Journalists.
These are the highest paying careers for Political Communication majors.
Join thousands of students and parents learning about finding the right college, admissions secrets, scholarships, financial aid, and more.