Top Engine Machinist Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Programs - 2023

Engine Machinist programs prepare individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to the building and reconstruction of automotive and commercial vehicle engines. Includes instruction in cylinder head and block, crack repair, crankshaft inspection and repair, connecting rods and pistons, balancing, block preparation, disassembly and repair, engine assembly, gas and diesel technology, and inspection and machining.

Of the 83 Engine Machinist degrees granted each year at the Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years level, 1% percent are awarded to women and the other 99% percent are men. Did you know that Texas has more students graduating with a degree in Engine Machinist than any other state in the US? In fact, Texas granted 69 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Engine Machinist is $0.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
83
Total Males
82
Total Females
1

Degree Type

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    83

Race/Ethnicity

See where Engine Machinist is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Engine Machinist degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Engine Machinist

If you’re interested in studying Engine Machinist, then you should consider applying to School of Automotive Machinists & Technology! This school awards around 69 Bachelor degrees in Engine Machinist annually.

Sort By:

Careers for Engine Machinist Majors

The highest paying job for Engine Machinist majors is Engine and Other Machine Assemblers. But, another thing to consider is how many job openings there currently is. A career that is in high need that a degree in Engine Machinist can prepare you for is Engine and Other Machine Assemblers.

Top Paying Careers for Engine Machinist

  1. Engine and Other Machine Assemblers   (Median Wage: $47,440)

Most in Demand Careers for Engine Machinist

  1. Engine and Other Machine Assemblers
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen