A program focusing on the design, planning and management of systems and procedures for protecting critical national physical and cyber infrastructure from external threats, including terrorism. Includes instruction in homeland security policy, critical infrastructure policy, information security, matrix vulnerability assessment, threat assessment, physical security, personnel security, operational security, contingency planning, case analyses of specific industries and systems, redundancy planning, emergency and disaster planning, security systems, and intelligence operations.
Of the 582 Critical Infrastructure Protection degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 70% percent of whom are men and the other 30% percent are women. Did you know that New Hampshire has more students being awarded a degree in Critical Infrastructure Protection than any other state? In fact, New Hampshire awarded 219 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Critical Infrastructure Protection is $41,340.
Utica University, the University of South Florida and George Washington University are three schools well-known for Critical Infrastructure Protection programs. In fact, around 129 Utica University students are pursuing a Masters degree in Critical Infrastructure Protection. Take a look at the college options in the table below.
The highest paying careers for Critical Infrastructure Protection majors include First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives, Emergency Management Directors . However, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. Careers that are in high need that a degree in Critical Infrastructure Protection can prepare you for are First-Line Supervisors of Police and Detectives, Emergency Management Directors .