Top Legal Assistant/Paralegal Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Programs - 2023

Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs prepare individuals to perform research, drafting, investigatory, record-keeping and related administrative functions under the supervision of an attorney or court. Includes instruction in legal research, drafting legal documents, appraising, pleading, courthouse procedures, and legal specializations.

Of the 67 Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees granted each year at the Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years level, 22% percent of whom are men and the other 78% percent are women. Did you know that New York has more students graduating with a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal than any other state in the US? In fact, New York granted 62 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal is $35,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
67
Total Males
15
Total Females
52

Degree Type

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    67

Race/Ethnicity

See where Legal Assistant/Paralegal is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

Marist College, Concordia University Ann Arbor and American Educational College are three schools well-known for Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs. In fact, there are 62 students at Marist College pursuing a Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years in Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal Majors

The highest paying jobs for Legal Assistant/Paralegal majors include Legal Support Workers, All Other, Paralegals and Legal Assistants and Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal can prepare you for are Paralegals and Legal Assistants, Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers and Legal Support Workers, All Other.

Top Paying Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

  1. Legal Support Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $59,790)
  2. Paralegals and Legal Assistants   (Median Wage: $56,230)
  3. Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers   (Median Wage: $47,310)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen