Applying to college can be a juggling act. There are so many things you need to focus on at the same time and everything must be done correctly for your application to be successful. Overlooking any one aspect will result in your application getting rejected.
Experts advise making a checklist and keeping it handy while working on your application. For preparation and material-gathering purposes, here are some details your checklist should include for each college that you are applying to:
The College Application Checklist
- List of schools you’re applying to
- Submission deadlines (Regular, ED, Rolling)
- High school transcript
- ACT and/or SAT scores
- Personal application essay prompt / guidelines
- Personal app essay
- Recommendation letters
- Other documentation to be submitted along with the application
- Details of where and how to submit
- List of questions to ask if you cannot find the information on the college website
When you create a college application checklist with these details, you have all the information you need in one place. A quick glance at your application checklist will give you a pretty good idea of where you are at in the process. You can also check off things as you complete them so you know what is done and what you still need to do.
Use College Raptor to discover personalized college matches, cost estimates, acceptance odds, and potential financial aid for schools around the US—for FREE!