At no extra cost to you, College Raptor may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Having your own printer in college has a lot of advantages. You won’t have to worry about paying to use the university’s printers, or run out of your allotted number of free pages. (This will happen to you, English majors). You can print from the ease of your dorm room. Not have to jockey in line with other students. And you’ve now invested in a printer you can continue to use for years. Here are four of the best printers for college students.
Small, light, and mighty, this compact monochrome laser printer will take it easy on your wallet. This printer from Brother can handle all the largest print jobs you could possibly need. It even gives you an option for double-sided duplex printing. The ink is affordable and this little workhorse will print everything you need when it comes to plain-text documents and web pages. Journalism and English majors will love it.
- Prints up to 32 pages per minute
- Holds up to 250 sheets of paper
- Has a manual slot where you can fit in any size and type of paper
- Print via your desktop, tablet, or phone
Graphic arts, elementary education, and general art majors won’t know how they ever lived without this all-in-one-wonder from HP. It prints everything you could possibly need, especially if your assignment require a dash of color. Art and education majors love it for its speed and high-quality graphic printing capabilities. Business majors will love it if they need to make graphs or pie charts pop. It works well for plain old text as well. And with its scanner you can print extra copies of notes.
- Can print, scan, and copy
- Prints up to 10 pages per minute in black and white and 7 pages per minute in color
- Print from your desktop, tablet, phone, social media, and cloud
What makes this supertank printer so super? How about saving so much money in ink you won’t need to buy cartridges every semester? The Epson WorkForce comes with two years worth of ink! Enough to print 14,000 pages in black or white, or 11,200 in color. Make your projects pop with color and sophistication with this affordable printer.
- Fits up to 150 sheets of paper
- Fast two-side printing
- Includes ink for 14,000 black and white pages or 11,200 color pages
- Auto-feed up to 30 sheets of paper
This is the printer you’ll wish you’ve always had. With its wireless capability, you can print any document from any device, as long as you can connect to Wi-Fi. This is especially handy if you need to make corrections on-the-fly or print a paper between the cafeteria and class. It has an impressive 28-pages-per-minute rate and duplexing capabilities.
- Fits up to 850 sheets of paper
- First print comes out in 9 seconds or less
- Has one pass duplex scanning
- Scans both sides of a document in one pass
College students are going to need a printer for all that hard work they’ll be doing, and with these amazing printers, you’ll be set for the next four years (and beyond).
Use College Raptor to discover personalized college matches, cost estimates, acceptance odds, and potential financial aid for schools around the US—for FREE!