Top Geriatric Nurse/Nursing Masters degree Programs - 2023

Geriatric Nurse/Nursing programs prepare registered nurses to provide health care to aging and elderly patients. Includes instruction in geriatric primary care, geriatric diagnosis, mental health and aging, primary care management, geriatric acute and chronic illness, advanced nursing practices for geriatric patients, evidence-based nursing practice, advanced physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and pharmacotherapeutics.

Of the 454 Geriatric Nurse/Nursing degrees granted each year at the Masters degree level, 85% percent are awarded to women and the other 15% percent are men. Did you know that Missouri has more students graduating with a degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing than any other state in the US? In fact, Missouri awarded 133 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing is $57,500.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
454
Total Males
70
Total Females
384

Degree Type

  • Total Masters degree

    454

Race/Ethnicity

See where Geriatric Nurse/Nursing is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Geriatric Nurse/Nursing degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing

Keuka College, the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and Maryville University of Saint Louis are three schools popular for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing programs. In fact, there are 27 students at Keuka College pursuing a Masters degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing Majors

Some of the highest paying careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing majors include Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses and Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary. But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing can prepare you for are Registered Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing

  1. Nurse Practitioners   (Median Wage: $120,680)
  2. Registered Nurses   (Median Wage: $77,600)
  3. Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $77,440)
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen