Top Geriatric Nurse/Nursing Doctors degree professional practice Programs - 2023

Geriatric Nurse/Nursing programs prepare registered nurses to provide health care to aging and elderly patients. Includes instruction in geriatric primary care, geriatric diagnosis, mental health and aging, primary care management, geriatric acute and chronic illness, advanced nursing practices for geriatric patients, evidence-based nursing practice, advanced physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and pharmacotherapeutics.

Of the 20 Geriatric Nurse/Nursing degrees granted each year at the Doctors degree professional practice level, 90% percent are awarded to women and the other 10% percent are men. Did you know that Washington has more students graduating with a degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing than any other state in the US? In fact, Washington awarded 17 degrees last year! The average annual income for an undergraduate degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing is $57,500.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
20
Total Males
2
Total Females
18

Degree Type

  • Total Doctors degree professional practice

    20

Race/Ethnicity

See where Geriatric Nurse/Nursing is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Geriatric Nurse/Nursing degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing

Seattle University is a top option for students who are interested in pursuing a major in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing. Students can study up to a Doctors degree research scholarship at the school. Seattle University grants about 17 Doctors degree professional practice to those majoring in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing per year.

Sort By:

Careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing Majors

Some of the highest paying careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing majors include Nurse Practitioners, Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary . But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Geriatric Nurse/Nursing can prepare you for are Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary, Nurse Practitioners .

Top Paying Careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing

  1. Nurse Practitioners   (Median Wage: $120,680)
  2. Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $77,440)

Most in Demand Careers for Geriatric Nurse/Nursing

  1. Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary
  2. Nurse Practitioners
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen