Top Dental Hygiene/Hygienist All Programs - 2021

Of the 8,305 Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees granted each year, 5% percent of whom are men and the other 95% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 772 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is $65,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
8,305
Total Males
417
Total Females
7,888

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree

    5,614

  • Total Bachelors degree

    2,443

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    109

  • Total Masters degree

    75

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    45

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    17

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    2

Race/Ethnicity

See where Dental Hygiene/Hygienist is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Dental Hygiene/Hygienist degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

Howard University, West Liberty University and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor are three schools well-known for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist programs. In fact, around 6 Howard University students are pursuing degrees in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist Majors

The highest paying career for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist majors is Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary. But, something else to think about is how many job openings there currently is. A career that is in high need that a degree in Dental Hygiene/Hygienist can prepare you for is Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $97,320)

Most in Demand Careers for Dental Hygiene/Hygienist

  1. Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
College Raptor loading bar gif.
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen