Top Sociology and Anthropology All Programs - 2021

Of the 486 Sociology and Anthropology degrees granted each year, 77% percent are awarded to women and the other 23% percent are men. Did you know that New York has more students being awarded a degree in Sociology and Anthropology than any other state? In fact, New York awarded 94 degrees last year! The average starting salary for an undergraduate degree in Sociology and Anthropology is $44,181.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
486
Total Males
112
Total Females
374

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    482

  • Total Masters degree

    4

Race/Ethnicity

See where Sociology and Anthropology is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Sociology and Anthropology degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Sociology and Anthropology

Centre College, Lafayette College and St Olaf College are three schools popular for Sociology and Anthropology programs. In fact, around 21 Centre College students are pursuing degrees in Sociology and Anthropology. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Sociology and Anthropology Majors

The highest paying career for Sociology and Anthropology majors is Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary. But, another thing to think about is how much demand there is for specific jobs. A career that is in high need that a degree in Sociology and Anthropology can prepare you for is Regulatory Affairs Managers.

Top Paying Careers for Sociology and Anthropology

  1. Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $86,220)
  2. Sociologists   (Median Wage: $83,420)
  3. Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $75,290)
  4. Anthropologists   (Median Wage: $63,670)
College Raptor loading bar gif.
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen