Top Geographic Information Science and Cartography All Programs - 2021

Of the 2,670 Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees granted each year, 40% percent are awarded to women and the other 60% percent are men. Did you know that Texas has more students being granted a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography than any other state in the US? In fact, Texas granted 313 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography is $43,800.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
2,670
Total Males
1,612
Total Females
1,058

Degree Type

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    626

  • Total Masters degree

    605

  • Total Bachelors degree

    583

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    472

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    170

  • Total Associates degree

    80

  • Total Post masters certificate

    61

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    38

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    35

Race/Ethnicity

See where Geographic Information Science and Cartography is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Geographic Information Science and Cartography degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

Binghamton University, the University of California-Santa Barbara and the University of Denver are three schools popular for Geographic Information Science and Cartography programs. In fact, around 61 Binghamton University students are pursuing degrees in Geographic Information Science and Cartography. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for Geographic Information Science and Cartography majors include Geography Teachers, Postsecondary, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists and Regulatory Affairs Managers. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for certain jobs. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Geographic Information Science and Cartography can prepare you for are Regulatory Affairs Managers, Cartographers and Photogrammetrists and Geography Teachers, Postsecondary.

Top Paying Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $80,520)
  2. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists   (Median Wage: $65,470)

Most in Demand Careers for Geographic Information Science and Cartography

  1. Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
  2. Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
College Raptor loading bar gif.
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen