Top English Language and Literature, General Bachelors degree Programs - 2020

Of the 31,623 English Language and Literature, General degrees granted each year at the Bachelors degree level, 72% percent are awarded to women and the other 28% percent are men. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in English Language and Literature, General than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 3,779 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in English Language and Literature, General is $40,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
31,623
Total Males
8,829
Total Females
22,794

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    31,623

Race/Ethnicity

See where English Language and Literature, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of English Language and Literature, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for English Language and Literature, General

William & Mary, Columbia University in the City of New York and the University of Virginia-Main Campus are three schools popular for English Language and Literature, General programs. In fact, around 86 William & Mary students are pursuing a Bachelors degree in English Language and Literature, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for English Language and Literature, General Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for English Language and Literature, General majors include English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary, Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education . But, something else to consider is how much demand there is for specific jobs. Careers that are in high need that a degree in English Language and Literature, General can prepare you for are Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education, English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary .

Top Paying Careers for English Language and Literature, General

  1. English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $68,490)
  2. Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education   (Median Wage: $61,660)
College Raptor loading bar gif.