Top English Language and Literature, General All Programs - 2021

Of the 40,207 English Language and Literature, General degrees granted each year, 71% percent are awarded to women and the other 29% percent are men. Did you know that California has more students being awarded a degree in English Language and Literature, General than any other state in the US? In fact, California awarded 6,384 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in English Language and Literature, General is $40,400.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
40,207
Total Males
11,620
Total Females
28,587

Degree Type

  • Total Bachelors degree

    31,616

  • Total Masters degree

    4,109

  • Total Associates degree

    2,780

  • Total Doctors degree research scholarship

    1,095

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    330

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    229

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    31

  • Total Doctors other degree

    13

  • Total Post masters certificate

    4

Race/Ethnicity

See where English Language and Literature, General is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of English Language and Literature, General degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for English Language and Literature, General

Middlebury College, The College of New Jersey and William & Mary are three schools popular for English Language and Literature, General programs. In fact, around 76 Middlebury College students are pursuing degrees in English Language and Literature, General. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for English Language and Literature, General Majors

Some of the highest paying jobs for English Language and Literature, General majors include English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary, Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education . But, something else to consider is how much demand there is for specific jobs. Careers that are in high need that a degree in English Language and Literature, General can prepare you for are Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education, English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary .

Top Paying Careers for English Language and Literature, General

  1. English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary   (Median Wage: $68,490)
  2. Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education   (Median Wage: $61,660)
College Raptor loading bar gif.