Top Legal Assistant/Paralegal All Programs - 2021

Of the 9,937 Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees granted each year, 17% percent of whom are men and the other 83% percent are women. Did you know that California has more students graduating with a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal than any other state in the US? In fact, California granted 1,246 degrees last year! The average starting salary for a graduate with a bachelor's degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal is $35,200.

Select Type of Degree:

Select State:

Gender

Total Students
9,937
Total Males
1,646
Total Females
8,291

Degree Type

  • Total Associates degree

    5,072

  • Total Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years Degree

    1,952

  • Total Award of less than 1 academic year Degree

    1,338

  • Total Bachelors degree

    1,063

  • Total Postbaccalaureate certificate

    363

  • Total Masters degree

    94

  • Total Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years Degree

    55

Race/Ethnicity

See where Legal Assistant/Paralegal is the most popular major in the U.S.
This heat map represents the states that have the highest percent of Legal Assistant/Paralegal degrees compared to all other degrees awarded in that state.
Less Popular
More Popular

Top Colleges for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

The University of Richmond, Loyola University Chicago and the University of Hartford are three schools well-known for Legal Assistant/Paralegal programs. In fact, there are 19 students at the University of Richmond pursuing degrees in Legal Assistant/Paralegal. Take a look at the college options in the table below.

Sort By:

Colleges per page

Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal Majors

The highest paying jobs for Legal Assistant/Paralegal majors include Legal Support Workers, All Other, Paralegals and Legal Assistants and Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers. But, another thing to consider is how much demand there is for specific careers. Positions that are in high need that a degree in Legal Assistant/Paralegal can prepare you for are Paralegals and Legal Assistants, Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers and Legal Support Workers, All Other.

Top Paying Careers for Legal Assistant/Paralegal

  1. Legal Support Workers, All Other   (Median Wage: $58,400)
  2. Paralegals and Legal Assistants   (Median Wage: $51,740)
  3. Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers   (Median Wage: $48,180)
College Raptor loading bar gif.
College Raptor Loading Screen College Raptor Loading Screen